So I have read the Slumdog Millionaire (Q & A) and watched the movie as well.
The movie is nothing like the book.
They keep same plot.
Only the characters were a little bit twsited.
In the book:
- Jamal Malik is Ram Mohamad Thomas
- He has no religion, but he believes in the three Gods in Islam, Christian and Hindu.
- Salim should be the one who is so innocent, charm boy, has passion in everything he did, dreams to be an actor.
- Latika is Smita, his first love who happened to be a prostitute that he should saved by joining the game.
- And to redeem a revenge for his employer an actress whom was abused by his boyfriend – the game host!
- He has a lucky coin.
My favourite lines from the book:-
“Love doesn’t happen in an instant. It creeps up on you and then it turns your life upside down. It colours your walking moments and fills your dreams. You begin to walk on air and see life in brilliant new shades. But it also brings with it a sweet agony, a delicious torture.”
“I don’t know. I am just an idiot orphan boy”
If I had to choose which is worth to watch or read, I choose both. But I most likely to recommend you to read the book because it tells you what’s on the characters’ mind, and what happened with what had cause the scenes.
Thumb up for both of the movie and the book.
“A delightful, fast-paced fairy tale”