Assalamualaikum, hello lovely readers and friends.
Last weekend, Amani was doodling on her book. She told me a story, a ghost story based on the drawing. She was influenced by the local cartoon, that she just watched the day before. She can draw a stick man, which is quite an improvement!
At night, she saw me sewing and she insisted to sew for herself. I just let her playing around with the needle and threads. Although the stitch wasn’t perfect, she is now knew the basic on how to stitch. Hopefully we can team up for making bigger cross stitch one day. 😆
This is the first time I’ve tried eating in this shop. The name caught my interest. I love to pronounce it as ‘Changcut’ hahaha. Well, when we entered the shop, I asked the waiter what is the special menu in here. Sadly, the guy said he also didn’t have any idea. Hmm… I didn’t expect the answer and that would give bad impression to the shop.
Therefore I ordered Sarawak Laksa. It did looks good but somehow the broth is too ‘cair’. Thanks to the waiter for not helping me to choose their specialty. My friend ordered Nasi Lemak, and she said it tasted so good.
It’s fine by me. Perhaps the first time isn’t always nice. Haha. We’re planning to go to this shop again and try their special menus.
Assalamualaikum, hi everyone.
Amani loves picking flowers. Her Nek Mak taught her to collect the flower and put them inside a jar. I somehow found that was a creative way to display the art of flower.
Before it turns yellow, I taught Amani to make a flower scrap book. We called it Book of Flower. Just keep them inside the book and name the flower. Some of them I still have no idea of the id. hehe.
Everytime we saw flower, we would picked them and store inside the book. Amani loves doing this activity.
And here’s the result after keeping them for a few days. The dried flowers still look good. The texture is like an art.
Where did I get the idea of making flower scrap book? It was from The Hunger Games book series. By collecting plants and flowers stored it in a book. This is somehow a therapy for Katnis.
Assalamualaikum, happy weekend lovelies!
While I was capturing nature beauties at the backyard, I saw my mother’s bitter gourd plant have fruits. This time it is a normal bitter gourd. Previously, my mother planted mini gourd soecies which was more bitter than this.
I was so itchy to pluck them but my mother told me to wait for another 2 or 3 days. Muhuhu. I always find that bitter gourd is a peculiar plant. With it’s texture and the bitter taste. However, I still can take it. I love fried bitter gourd with spices. Something you can find at Indian restaurant. During confinement last time, this is the only veggie that I consumed. Lol! Still, I never hate it. 😁
Assalamualaikum, howdy everyone?
Currently I am so addicted into capturing the ‘nature beauty’. I would go outside and start taking photos of the plants. Remember to shoot at a perfect angle. You will be mesmerised with the result. Like the photo above, it was my mother’s bitter gourd plant. It turned out to look like a plant arch.
These are only weeds for certain people. However, I’m imagining it like a daisies carpet. I would love to lie down on them…
So we picked the flowers and start capturing them. This is my favourite shot. Lovely!! 🌼🌼🌼 Luckily I have a free model to work with. hehe.
And not forgetting my colourful pansies. From purple, to fuschia and the latest is pink pansy. Anyone knows how to get seeds from this flower? I’ve tried to dry the flower and in the end, I couldn’t get the seeds. Lol! Any sifus can help me?
Assalamualaikum, hello friends and readers.
Most of you already knows that I love to give names to my cactis and succulents. Where did I get the idea of the names? Well, some of them were from my favourite characters. Some just pop up into my mind.
1. Sayuri – If you remember the story of a Geisha with blue eyes, that’s Sayuri. I love the character, from Memoirs of a Geisha. When I look at the succulent, it reminds me of Sayuri. She’s innocent and vulnerable.
2. Lara Jean – I brought this succulent all the way from Cameron Highlands. It was a year ago. It almost died, however I managed to save it. Not until I’ve read ‘To all the boys I’ve loved before’ I really adored the main character from that book, Lara Jean Covey. So I name it after her.
3. Rilo – Name it after my favourite band Rilo Kiley. Rilo has so many sprouts now. I will update on it’s new look soon.
4. Ruby – Obviously, it is so RED as Ruby.
5. Mitsui – From a character of anime/manga Slam Dunk, Hishashi Mitsui. It looks like his hair. Ahaha. Another cacti brought from Cameron Highlands.
6. Renji – The spikey head reminds me of Abarai Renji of Bleach character. It looks like a warrior, like Renji itself. hehe.
7. Kenpachi – Another favourite character of Bleach, I got it’s name after Zaraki Kenpachi. Another warrior?
8. Kifu – My froggy grasshead. Kifu? Kifu stands for Keith Foo. My favourite actor. Enough said. Lol! 😆😆
Assalamualaikum, happy weekend friends and readers.
Few weeks ago I thought Ruby is dying. The colour on top of her gone faded until lastly it gone black. When I read from the internet, they said the cacti might be infected. So I cut the top of it. I feel sorry for her, but at the same time I want to save her.
It looks quirky but still living healthily. I discovered another sprout at the end of the new sprout. Now I’m not sure what to do with this cacti. Whether to cut the new sprout or leave it like that. Poor Ruby….