Hello AC readers….
It is known that, children hates to eat veggies. Me myself, hated it when I was child. Not because of the taste. I had an experienced that the veggie were stucked on my throat. Since then I am being a picky when it comes to eating veggies. Well, now not anymore. I love veggies!
That makes me understand when Amani refused to eat veggie. I wont trying to push her eating something she dislikes. However, recently her skin was getting more sensitive. It only started with a mosquito bite, then it totally turned out to be wound. I just couldn’t bear to see her scratching herself and leave the scar to her face.
Now, back to basic. The only food that can heal wound is vegetable. I’d discussed this matter with my sister, about how to force her eating veggie. Since she likes to eat creamy soup, my sister was suggesting me to do a homemade vegetable creamy soup. Cheating way to force her eating veggie. Yeah!
This recipe I learned from my sister.
1. Prepared a vegetable broth as usual. I choose potatoes, young corns and sweet peas. (Can substitute to brocolli, spinach, carrot…. etc)
2. After that, blend them together (using blender machine).
3. Heat it again, add on milk until it looks creamy. (sonetimes I add on cheese)
4. Voila! The Veggie Creamy Soup is ready to be served. (Oh, she liked it very much without knowing that she is eating veggie) ;p
Yesterday’s morning, I baked Macaroni Beef Pie.
Another first attempt from my recipe book.
When asking DearDear, how does he likes it? He said he’d still prefer the Fish Pie. The filling was more tender than this one.
Well as for this one, someone was asking me the recipe.
Actually, I copied the recipe from this link but I changed the name.
Macaroni Beef Pie
2 cups full cream milk
4 tbsp plain flour
1 tsp dry parsley
1 tsp dry basil
1 cube beef
I packet minced beef
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the minced beef with the spaghetti sauce. Rinse and set aside.
2. Boil the pastas for 5-6 minutes. Rinsed and set aside.
3. Beat all the milk, eggs, flour, parsley, basil and salt and pepper until well mixed.
4. Layer the base of pie with pasta and then followed by minced beef.
5. Pour the (3) into the mold.
6. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of it.
7. Baked in 200% at 200 at 15-20 minutes.
Every woman has at least one recipe book. Aren’t you?
My habit is copying the recipes from the internet into the small cards and then transfer them into my book.
Then you’ll find my handbag is sometimes full with small cards. Hehe.
I just love flipping through the recipe books especially when it has so many colourful pictures of food. Ahaha. I bet you would ask me whether all the recipes in the book had been tried by me? Well… not all of them. Only some, when “Jangkak I rajin”.
For example yesterday was my ‘rajin’ day. Skim through the fish pie recipe and found out it was a simple recipe. So I tried baking the fish pie. I only baked for 15 cups. Well, it doesn’t looks like in the picture because I only use a little portion of potatoes. Huhu. Luckily it taste good. Yum yum.
Here’s the recipe
500g potatoes, peeled and diced
4 tablespoon milk
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, skinned, de-seeded and chopped
11/2 tablespoon plain flour
200ml milk (full cream)
225gm firm white fish fillets, skinned & cut into fairly large cubes
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 bay leaf (optional)
50g grated cheddar cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Cook the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted water until tender (about 15 minutes), then drain and mash with 4 tbsp of milk and half of the butter.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180○C.
3. Melt the remaining butter in a heavy based saucepan and cook the onion for 3 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minutes. Add the milk, bring to the boil. Stir in the fish, parsley and bay leaf and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove the bay leaf and stir in the grated cheese until melted.
4. Divide the fish between 4 rameskin dishes and top with the mashed potato. Brush the potato with lightly beaten egg and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
I get many response after I uploaded the picture of Seaweed Umai that day. Almost everyone asking me how does it taste and how to make it.
If you’re a Jellyfish Umai’s fan, I bet you are familiar with the taste.
So let me share with you the recipe of Seaweed Umai.
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 fresh red chilli pepper, finely chopped
2 limes, juiced
1 packet of seaweed (soaked into water the whole night)
salt to taste
Combine the yellow onion, red onion, chilli pepper,and lime juice in a glass or ceramic bowl. Gently stir in the seaweed, and season to taste with salt. Refrigerate about 15 minutes. Serve cold.